Be a part of our WAVE of change today! Here you can find more information on how your organisation can become a member. If you are interested in a study visit click here. Want to work with us? Here you can find open job vacancies and internships at WAVE and within the Network. To make a donation, click here.
Become a Member!
Women’s organisations from all over Europe are encouraged to apply for membership of the WAVE Network. Interested organisations are encouraged to take a look at the WAVE Statutes and membership fee structure before applying.
For a successful application, potential members have to fulfill the following criteria:
Feminism and a gender-specific approach should be reflected in the core aims and mission of the organisation.
The organisation should be engaging with other WAVE members/other NGOs in the country.
The organisation’s values and opinions should be aligning with WAVE’s values and opinions.
Only NGOs can become WAVE members.
If you are interested, here are the steps to follow to become a member of the WAVE Network!
- Please contact the WAVE Office, with a membership request.
- Following your request, you will be asked to fill out a short questionnaire about your your organization (i.e. aims and objectives, activities carried out, etc.).
- The information received will be distributed to the existing WAVE Members in your country, who have the right to comment on the application. Based on their comments, and on the WAVE Statutes, the WAVE office will submit the application to the WAVE Board, who has final decision rights.
- If your application is successful, you will receive an e-mail from the WAVE Office, along with an official confirmation letter, which should be signed and returned to the WAVE Office.
For the WAVE Membership leaflet, please click here.
Vacancies at WAVE
Study leave cover from September 2022 – September 2023:
Please send all applications to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Sunday, 6th November, 23:59h CET
Internships at WAVE
WAVE is happy to welcome interns interested in gaining experience in the non-profit sector. We select interns based on relevant qualifications and current office needs, as well as office capacity. We require a minimum commitment of 3 months, however, we prefer interns who can commit to up to 6 months. Interested applicants should be able to commit to 20-35 hours per week (working hours and days are flexible). Please keep in mind that this is an unpaid/volunteer position.
We typically expect interns to have a background and/or interest in non-profit advocacy, communications, campaigning and/or research.
Please contact us if you: share our feminist values, can tackle organizational and computer-based tasks, are fluent in written and spoken English, and are interested in working in the field of violence against women and children and domestic violence. Internships are carried out in person in our office in Vienna.
Our next available internship opportunity is: we are currently not looking for any new interns.
To apply, please send:
- CV (in English)
- and a short letter of motivation (in English)
Please give us at least two weeks to reply to your application and please do not inquire about sooner openings.
To download a presentation providing an overview of the WAVE Network, click here.
Vacancies within the WAVE network
There are no vacancies open at the moment.
There are no vacancies open at the moment.
WAVE is happy to assist you in contacting women’s specialist services, agencies and ministries within Vienna and help to create a meeting schedule for visiting delegations eager to learn more about tackling and preventing violence against women in Austria.
However, please note that WAVE will not fund or book any travel arrangements or accommodation of the visiting delegation. As some presenters only speak in German, translators will have to be organized by the visiting delegation.
For more information, please contact the WAVE team at email@example.com
The WAVE Network provides support to its members across Europe as they carry out vital work to tackle violence against women and children. With your donation, we can continue to:
- Strengthen the capacities of our members so they can support women and children experiencing violence;
- Advocate and campaign for better legislation and implementation of existing legislation to effectively tackle and prevent violence against women and for sufficient funding for women’s specialist services;
- Collect crucial data about women’s specialist services in 46 countries.
Your donation helps us in our efforts to maintain a network like WAVE in terms of staff and operational costs.
If you want to support our work and the work of our members, click on the link to the right to make a donation. Your contribution supports women and children to live free from violence!