May 8, 2020 – During these times of the COVID-19 pandemic, many of use are fatigued with the news and are so oversaturated by this point that we don’t even want to turn on the TV, radio or computer in order to actively avoid it. It’s especially hard to find a feminist angle on news during this pandemic. This is why the WAVE Office has decided to launch a weekly news podcast to strengthen and further inform our community.
We would like to introduce you to What the WAVE? Podcast!
Each week, members from the WAVE Office will provide you with feminist news that has “pinged” on our radars as well as other positive and uplifting contributions.
You can listen to our third podcast on Soundcloud below:
This week the WAVE podcast was presented by the following WAVE Office members: Beverly Mtui, Youth Ambassador Coordinator; Katarina Višnar, Campaign Coordinator; and Lina Piskernik, Digital & Social Media Coordinator.
Links to the news items mentioned in the podcast:
- The Hungarian parliament blocks the ratification of the Istanbul Convention
- Kazakhstan and Tunisia have been invited to accede to the Istanbul Convention
- Russian domestic violence cases more than double under lockdown
- Sudan makes female genital mutilation a crime
- Thankful Thursday: June Almeida
Thanks for listening to our podcast! We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did creating it.