On March 8th, 2022 the European Commission proposed a draft Directive on combating Violence against Women and Domestic Violence (COD 2022/0066). In Autumn, the discussions of the draft Directive will resume in the European Parliament, specifically in the FEMM and LIBE Committees.
This is our opportunity to inform MEPs of which changes WSS want to see to the current draft.
To collect your feedback on the current proposal, and consolidate a detailed WAVE position paper, we are launching this Advocacy Consultation. For that purpose, we prepared an Excel sheet for you to submit your suggestions and changes. By clicking here, you will have access to a Google Drive folder with the following documents:
- An excel sheet with the articles in the EUD that could have an impact on WSS. In this file you will find:
– One tab per Chapter with the relevant articles
– One tab with the glossary of terms the Directive proposes
Please read the comments/questions made to the articles and include your suggested changes in the columns to the right. Do not forget to include your country and the name of your organisation in the cells defined for that purpose.
- A copy of the WAVE position paper shared in May with the European Commission and discussed in our June Advocacy meetings. This document summarizes the network’s first reaction to the EUD.
- An example of how other organisations are presenting their comments, which you will find in a second Excel sheet. The file summarises the changes proposed by the European Network of Work with Perpetrators. You will also find their statement in the PDF file. Please use this Excel sheet as a reference for the type of feedback we are inviting you to provide.
We expect to receive your feedback by September 30th, 2022. Thank you!
If you have any questions regarding this Advocacy Consultation on the EU Directive, do not hesitate to contact Eliana Jimeno, the WAVE Advocacy & Campaign Coordinator at email@example.com